Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. They tell you the rules for using our website – https://www.queenbcompetitions.co.uk/.
Director of the Company: Leanne Bailey
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Registered Company Name: Queen B Competitions Ltd
Company Number: 13240595
1.GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 These terms and conditions are our “General Terms” and they apply to every “Competition” that we, Queen B Competitions Ltd, administer. Queen B Competitions Ltd (‘Queen B’, ‘Queen B Compz, ‘Our(s)’, ‘Promoter’) operates competitions which are a skill-based game resulting in the allocation of a prize, in accordance with these General & Specific Terms & Conditions.
1.2 Each Competition will also have its own specific terms and conditions explaining how to enter, what the opening/closing dates are, what the Competition winner’s prize will be etc. The “Specific Terms“ will be published on the website under each Competition.
1.3 You should always read these General Terms together with the Specific Terms. If any Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
1.4 We may change these General Terms at any time so you should check this page regularly for any changes. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on this page.
1.5 By entering any Competition you are accepting that you will be legally bound by these General Terms and the applicable Specific Terms.
1.6 If you do not agree to these terms, you must not take part in the Competitions.
1.7 Any person who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions will be excluded from access to the Competition.
- ELIGIBILITY RULES FOR OUR COMPETITIONS
2.1 These terms and conditions apply to all Competitions listed on the website at www.queenbcompetitions.co.uk
2.2 The Competitions are open to all persons aged 18 and over. Entries from the UK only, (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), except:
- employees of the Promoter.
2.3 All of our Competitions are skill-based. Everyone who enters the Competition (“Entrants)” will be required to correctly answer a skill-based question set by the “Promoter”, to be in with the chance of winning.
2.4 Certain Competitions may have additional eligibility requirements such as valid passports, driving licences, good physical health etc. All eligibility requirements will be detailed in the applicable Specific Terms.
2.5 By entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize that you may win.
2.6 The Promoter may also require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition. Failing to do so, you may be disqualified from the Competition.
2.7 The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is conflicting the intention or the spirit of the Prize Competition.
2.8 The Promoters to not issue any refunds of the entry fees in any event, including;
- If you’re disqualified by the Promoter from the Competition;
- If you find out you are not eligible to enter the Competition or claim the Prize; or,
- If following your entry into the Competition the eligibility criteria for entering or claiming the prize changes and you are no longer eligible.
2.9 Whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met is always at our sole discretion and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
2.10 The Entrant(s) can enter all Competitions as many times as they wish until the maximum number of entries for the Competition has been received. Entrant(s) submitting free entries via postcards, must submit each Competition separately and only once per each Competition – failing to do so means these entries will be void.
2.11 An Entry will be declared Void or the Promoter can seek recovery of the prize (without issuing a refund) if the Entrant or Winner is found to have engaged in:
- Any form of fraud;
- Fraudulent concealment;
- Fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Amending or unauthorised use of any of the code that constitutes this Website; or,
- Interference or hacking with the functioning of the Website.
- ENTRY AND ENTRY METHODS
3.1 Entries: In all Competitions, we reserve the right to reject any entries that are incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient. We also reserve the right to reject entries that are unlawful, indecent, racist, inflammatory, defamatory or which we consider to be otherwise harmful.
3.2 Deficient Entries: We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to texts, calls or emails not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion, loss in service of online entry mechanisms, computer error in transit or any other reason. We cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with entering online.
3.3 Automated Entry: The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter any Competition repeatedly is prohibited.
3.4 Names: Entrants must enter Competitions using their legal name only. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
3.5 Prize Limits. Unless specifically mentioned in the Specific Terms, there is no limit on the value of a single prize that may be provided to the individual winners of a Competition.
3.6 Inappropriate Behaviour. We reserve the right to disqualify an entrant, or to refuse or withdraw a Prize, if an entrant or a winner threatens or abuses one of our employees, or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that we reasonably regard as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
- ENTERING THE COMPETITION
4.1 When the Entrant(s) (‘you’) participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these General & Specific Terms you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully.
4.2 Competitions can be entered via the Website. Multiple competitions may be operated at the same time. Each competition has a specific prize, alongside ‘Specific Terms’.
4.3 Availability and pricing of the Competitions is at the discretion of the Promoter and will be specified at the point of sale on the Website.
4.4 In order to enter a Competition, you will need to register an account with us. In order to register an account online you will be asked to provide an email address, address and telephone number. These will be the details we use to contact you.
4.5 When entering a Competition online via our Website, please follow the on-screen instructions to:
(a) select the Competition you wish to enter, select Ticket(s) you would like purchase, play the skill-based challenge (you must answer this question correctly in order to gain the ability to enter the Competition), provide your contact and payment details. Please carefully check all details are entered correctly and tick the declaration, confirming you have read and understood the Competition General and Specific terms and conditions;
(b) once you have purchased your ticket(s) and your payment has cleared, we will contact you via email to confirm your entry into the Competition.
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN ENTERING ONLINE YOU WILL NOT BE DEEMED ENTERED INTO THE COMPETITION UNTIL WE CONFIRM YOUR TICKET(S) ORDER BACK TO YOU BY EMAIL.
4.6 There are no limits on the number of times an Entrant can enter each Competition.
4.7 All entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made for any reason.
4.8 All Entrants must create an account prior to entering and supply an email address to proceed in the Competition.
4.9 The Promoter will not accept any responsibility for Competition entries that are not successfully completed, those that are lost or delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunctions, systems, networks, satellites, servers, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
4.10 By purchasing Ticket(s) and submitting a Competition entry, you are entering into a contact with the Promoter and are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
4.11 You may also enter the Competition for free by complying with the following conditions (please note you must still create an account online for the free entry to be processed, all details must also correspond to the details on the account);
- Send your entry via 1st class post to the Promoter at the following address; using a postal card.
- You must include the following with your entry:
(i) Your Full Name;
(ii) Your Full Address;
(iii) Contact Number and Email Address;
(iv) Your answer to the skill-based Competition Question; and
(v) State that you are over the age of 18 years old and you agree to Our Terms and Conditions.
- Any incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- Each free entry for each Competition must be submitted and posted to the Promoter separately. Any bulk entries on one postcard will not be accepted as entries to multiple Competitions and if an attempted bulk entry is received, it will not be counted.
- The Promoter will not acknowledge receipt of your entry nor will we confirm that your answer to the skill-based Competition Question is correct.
- If the number of paid entries reaches any limit or cap, or the Competition has ended before your postal entry is received, you will not be entered into the draw.
- COMPETITION DRAW
5.1 Queen B Competitions Ltd will run all Competition draws live via Instagram and our Facebook page using a random name selection wheel spinner.
5.2 Unless stated otherwise, there will only be one winner per Competition.
5.3 The Promotor will attempt to contact the Winner(s) using the telephone numbers provided at the time of entry and held securely in our database.
5.4 In the event that the Competition tickets sell out before the end date, the Promoter reserves the right to run random selection to produce a winner to the Competition earlier than the stated end date of the Competition. Correspondence will be provided to all Entrants and all information can be found on the website as well as our social media pages for up-to-date Competition end dates.
5.5 The Promotor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition by seven days. If the Competition is not sold out after the seven-day extension to the closing date, then the prize that will be awarded will be a 70% cash prize for the amount of money taken during this Competition. Only the Competition Entrants will be entered into the draw.
5.6 All Entrants are automatically entered onto the Promoters’ database for the purpose of Competitions, as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by the Promotor.
6.1 The prize of the Competition is described on the Website (“the Prize”). All the details of the Prizes will be to the best of the Promoters’ knowledge at the opening date of the Competition.
6.2 Any Prizes offered are subject to availability. If any details of the Prize changes then the Promoter will update the Website as soon as possible.
6.3 The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties about the Prize, its value, its condition or any other information provided on the Website. Nor does the Promoter make no representations that the information provided on the Website is accurate, up to date or complete.
6.4 The Prize may be supplied by a third-party supplier (‘the Supplier”).
6.5 We reserve the right (when reasonably required to do so) to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value.
6.6 The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative cash prize (“Cash Prize”) in any of the following circumstances:
- The Prize becomes unavailable;
- The Winner opts for a Cash Prize instead of the Prize; and
- The minimum amount of tickets are not sold – if there is a minimum amount of ticket sales required, then it will be clearly stated in the Competition description. If/when this is the case, a 70% of tickets sales Cash Prize alternative will be provided;
6.7 All prize winners will be notified that they have won a prize within twenty-four hours after the draw via at least one of the following methods:
- by telephone;
- by email; or
- by text
6.8 Prizes will be dispatched to the winners via the UK mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any Prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our reasonable control. Further details will be set out in the Specific Terms and/or given to winners when they are notified that they’ve won.
6.9 Should Prize Winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact person(s) detailed in the Competition’s Specific Terms.
6.10 We reserve the right to request proof of a Prize Winner’s identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with proof of identity and/or address that is reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner.
6.11 Any tax or other charges payable as a result of a Prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the Winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
6.12 All stated Prize values are at the supplier’s recommended retail price in pounds sterling and are, to the best of our knowledge and belief, correct at the time of printing. We take no responsibility for any fluctuations in prize values. We award Cash Prizes via bank transfer, once you have won, we will be in contact with you for details. All details will be kept confidential and will not be shared, any texts will be deleted within 24 hours. Any other arrangement will be at our discretion.
6.13 No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated.
6.14 Third party suppliers of prizes may also often stipulate their own terms, conditions or restrictions and all prize winners agree to be bound by these.
6.15 We make no representation or warranty in relation to Prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to you in relation to any prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our Competitions or Prize winners from receiving their Prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour.
- UNCLAIMED PRIZES
7.1 All Prizes must be claimed within seven (7) days of our notification of winning unless otherwise stated in the Specific Terms.
7.2 We reserve the right to award Prizes unclaimed after these periods to alternative Prize winners or not to award them at all.
7.3 If you call to claim a Prize from a “withheld number” line you must provide us with your contact detail; otherwise, we may be unable to contact you and you may as a result forfeit your Prize.
- PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.2 If you are required to submit a third party’s’ personal information to enter or participate in a Competition, you must ensure that the person whose details you submit has given their consent for you to provide us with their details.
8.3 It is a condition of entry to all our Competitions that we have the right to publish and/or broadcast the first name, hometown, character, likeness and voices of Competition Entrant(s) and Winners.
8.4 Entrant(s), particularly Prize Winners, may be required to participate in photo, recording, video and/or filming session(s). You agree that we shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any media and in any manner, we see fit, unless you advise us at the time of entering the Competition that you wish to retain your anonymity. If you elect for anonymity, we may not be able to include you in certain Competitions. This includes providing these materials to our third-party prize providers for the purposes of promoting their association with the Competition and awarding the relevant prizes.
8.5 No fees shall be payable to any Entrant in relation to the use of publicity materials.
- PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEOS
If a Competition requires Entrants to submit a photograph and/or video clip to enter or participate in a Competition:
- Entrants warrant that they are the person in the photograph or video and/or they have prior consent from all persons in the photograph or video to submit it as part of their entry;
- Entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the photographs in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the Competition;
- Entrants acknowledge that we may edit the photographs or video in our sole discretion;
- Entrants agree that we have the right to use names, likenesses and other personal information submitted in conjunction with the photograph or video;
- Entrants agree not to bring any actions, suits, claims and demands against us in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their photograph or video; and
- Entrants unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of the photographs.
10.1 By entering our Competitions all Entrants:
- assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry and their publicity materials in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future;
- agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and the publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised);
- undertake to us that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability arising should this turn out not to be true. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting Entrants’ warranty and indemnity as set out above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by the entrant and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same;
- Confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
10.2 For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are our sole property and we may exploit the same our absolute discretion.
- TAMPERING AND OTHER MATTERS
If for any reason any Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or any draw/s or judging related to the Competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
- LEAVE FOR PARTICIPATION
Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in a Competition and/or take a prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of each contestant.
- TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
We may vary the terms of, or terminate, a Competition at any time at its absolute discretion. Termination or variation of a competition is without liability to any contestant or other person. We will not award the prize if the Competition is terminated.
- DECISIONS FINAL
14.1 All of our decisions relating to the Competition and/or redemption of the Prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with any Entrant(s) or any other person will be entered into.
14.2 Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us.
14.3 Where a Competition involves voting, the accuracy of the pooled results received and published by us will be deemed to be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- NO WAIVER
A failure by us to enforce any one of the Terms and Conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any Entrant or Prize Winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
16.1 These General Terms (and any Specific Terms) shall be constructed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
16.2 These Terms (General and Specific), including their subject matter and formation, are governed by English Law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or, in connection with these Terms.
16.3 If any part of the Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court or regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and then the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
- LEGAL UNDERTAKING
17.2 You will be bound to all of the above stated in 18.1 once you enter any Competition and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
17.3 By entering any of our Competitions and after reading Terms and Policies, you agree that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions.
17.4 The Promoter will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If you are in any doubt, then you should leave Our site IMMEDIATELY and check with the relevant authorities of your country.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
18.1 To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any Entrant or Prize Winner in connection with or arising out of any Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third-party provider.
18.2 In the event that any provision of these General (or any Specific) Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
19.1 Any personal data that you supply to the Promoter or authorise the Promoter to obtain from a third-party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by the Promoter to administer the Competition and fulfil prizes where applicable.
19.2 In order to process, record and use your personal data the Promoter may disclose it to; (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom the Promoter proposes to transfer any of the Promoters’ rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement the Promoter may have with you; (iii) any person to whom the Promoter proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirements of the Promotor in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime.
19.3 In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data, the Promoter may need to transfer such information outside the UK, in which event the Promoter is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WEBSITES WE LINK TO.
In any part where our site links to other sites and any resources provided by third parties, they are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of any of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We also have absolutely no control over any of the contents of those sites or resources.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES, NOR MUST YOU INTRODUCE THEM.
21.1 You as an Entrant are solely responsible for configuring your own information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website.
21.2 We can not guarantee that our Website will be free from any bugs, viruses or hackers.
21.3 You should use your own virus protection software.
21.4 You MUST NOT misuse our Website knowingly introducing viruses, worms, trojans, logic bombs or, other materials that could be seen as malicious or technologically harmful.
21.5 You must NOT attempt to gain any kind of unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to our Website.
21.6 You must NOT attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
21.7 By breaching any of these provisions stated in section 22, you would be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
21.8 We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
21.9 In the event of any type of breach, your right to use our Website will be ceased immediately.
- LINKING OUR WEBSITE
22.1 You must NOT establish a link to our Website in any Website which is not owned by you. Nor must you establish a link in such way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
22.2 You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
22.3 You may not create a link to any other part of the Website other than the homepage.
22.4 We reserve the right to withdraw any linking permission without notice.
A list of previous winners will be available to view on our website.
- PROMOTER CONTACT
Company Number: 13240595
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
- PROHIBITED USES
1.1 You MUST only use our Website for lawful purposes.
1.2 You may NOT use our Website in any way listed here:
- when knowingly transmitting any data, sending or uploading any material that contains trojans, viruses, worms, time-bombs, spyware, keystroke loggers, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer codes designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of spam.
in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent effect or purpose.
- any way that breaches any local, national or international law or regulations.
to send, upload, download or knowingly receive any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
1.3 By using our Website you also agree that you will not duplicate, reproduce, re-sell or copy any part of our Website.
- CONTENT STANDARDS
2.1 Content Standards apply to all material found on our Website to which you contribute to, these will be known as ‘Contributions’.
2.2 You MUST comply to the following standards; they apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
2.3 All Contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts).
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- comply with any applicable laws in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
2.4 Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- contain any material which is scene as obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- promote sexually explicit material.
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- promote violence.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- promote any illegal activity.
- be likely to deceive any person.
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- ANY SUPSENSION OR TERMINATION
3.1 In our discretion we will determine whether there has been any breach of this Acceptable Use Policy or any of our Terms throughout your use of our Website.
3.2 When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- issue you a warning.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
3.4 We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Policy. The responses described in this Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.